UZBEKISTAN PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
Capturing images along the ancient Silk Route of Uzbekistan
Imagine yourself traveling by caravan for many weeks along Uzbekistan’s Silk Route and suddenly in the distance the sun strikes the vivid blue dome of Samarkand’s Kok Gumbaz mosque.
Join us on this new photography workshop along Uzbekistan’s ancient Silk Route.
June 10 – 23, 2017
Limited to 10 people.
Taught by Terry Abrams. Produced by Barbara Nelson.
The Uzbekistan workshop will start and end in Tashkent. We will be based in three locations, Tashkent, Samarkand and Bukhara, making side trips and excursions from each location. We will be publishing a book from this trip and your pictures will be included.
Local English speaking experts versed in the history and culture of the country will inform and guide us to the world famous mosques and sites from the Ottoman Empire and medieval times. Markets and local life of the people. Local crafts people at work, secrets of the old parts of town – all and more will be locations for the best photography.
- Observatory of Ulugbek is the astronomical miracle of medieval Uzbekistan. We will be there to photograph it.
- Tomb of Saint Daniel
- Several side trips into mountain areas are planned to meet and visit local people, discovering their cultures. We will have tea and food, learn bread making, cook Plov and generally experience and participate in their everyday life.
- Capturing the essence of a location with a unique personal vision is the focus of this small group workshop. Learn to catch the mystery of place and people in this centuries old region of Central Asia.
- Hotels, breakfast and dinner.
- Ground transportation related to the workshop.
- Local expert traveling with group.
- Entrance fees to scheduled monuments.
- Uzbekistan Visa support.
- Lunch, drinks and beverages
- International air travel
- Personal items and services
- Domestic Air: Bukhara to Tashkent ($75.00)
- Photo and video fees for some scheduled interiors
- Visa (Agency helps with this)
UZBEKISTAN PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP JUNE 10 – 23, 2017
FEE $3,550 SINGLE SUPPLEMENT $150
50% deposit required with reservation.
BALANCE DUE APRIL 3, 2017
Check or money order payable to Barbara Nelson.
CONTACT BARBARA NELSON
340 Haven Avenue #3J, New York, NY 10033
NOTE: Visa application may take several weeks.
All photos courtesy of Barbara Nelson